Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Seven Pounds

I don't go often to the movies, but when I do it's like an event. I actually get excited, and my interest is piqued. Lately I have not been dissatisfied my picks, although I have had my okay moments.

I remember when I went with my family a few years ago to see Will Smith's Seven Pounds because my brother was adamant about seeing it from a friend's recommendation. It wasn't exactly one of the films that I wanted to see, but I gave it a shot.



Directed by Gabriele Muccino
Stars: Will Smith, Rosario Dawson, Woody Harrelson, Barry Pepper, Michael Ealy, Elpidia Carrillo, Robinne Lee, Joe Nunez, Bill Smitrovich, Tim Kelleher, Gina Hecht, Andy Milder, Judyann Elder, Sarah Jane Morris, and Madison Pettis.

Plot Summary:
"-Haunted by a secret, Ben Thomas looks for redemption by radically transforming the lives of seven people he doesn't know. Once his plan is set, nothing will be able to stop him. At least that's what he thinks. But Ben hadn't planned on falling in love with one of these people and she's the one who will end up transforming him. Written by Happy_Evil_Dude -"





Let me tell you it was interesting, very emotional, and definitely thought-provoking. I probably wouldn't recommend watching it if you are seriously depressed. After watching you are either thankful for your circumstances in life, transformed and inspired, or utterly left feeling more depressed. You may ask even yourself what happened.

All I know is that two of my family members (both female) were crying during the movie, and when I happened to look over, my brother -the main person who wanted to see this film- managed to fall asleep.

This film, I believe, is definitely a classic. It was great, but I would only watch it certain times of the year. It leaves you thinking about not only yourself, but other people- people you know and don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

shareaholic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...